A Year of Growth, Impact & Innovation
As we look to 2024, we take an end of year opportunity to reflect on some of the key milestones and successes that have shaped our year at Heneghan.
Expanding Our Portfolio and Welcoming New Clients
We continued to deliver impact for our clients across a variety of exciting and successful projects and we further expanded our portfolio with new partnerships. Our new clients for 2023 include Conduent, FRKelly, Bristow Group, Comfort Homecare, Meitheal Architects, Acti8 Solar Energy and The Housing Alliance.
Client Milestones and Successes
Some key client milestones this year include;
- SSE Renewables continues to develop and deliver clean energy solutions in Ireland through its onshore and offshore projects, including the completion of its wind turbine project in Letterkenny and recent planning applications for renewable energy farms in Co. Mayo and Co. Wexford
- SYS Group continued to expand in 2023, the highlight of which was the opening of a new Dublin office.
- SSE Airtricity has published research findings from its Green Business Sentiment Index series. The research measures and tracks any change in attitude among businesses towards sustainable practices and decarbonisation.
- Activ8 Solar Energies continues its expansion in the solar energy sector and realising their mission to make sustainable energy accessible and affordable to a wider market outside of Ireland. Most recently, it has expanded its operation to Scotland with ambitious plans to continue its international growth in 2024 and was announced as the sponsor of Monaghan GAA men's football and hurling teams.
- FRKelly significantly expanded its operations in Cork where it appointed David Keane as partner.
- Bristow Ireland signed a contract with the Irish Department of Transport for he provision of rotary and fixed-wing aviation services for the Irish Coast Guard from the fourth quarter of 2024. The company will operate six specialised SAR-configured AW189 helicopters and two fixed-wing aircraft from four dedicated bases in Sligo, Shannon, Waterford, and Dublin Weston.
- ABP announced a three-year partnership with FoodCloud, a non-profit social enterprise that redistributes surplus food. The arrangement is expected to rescue 150,000 tonnes of food, delivering approximately 345,000 meals to FoodCloud's community and voluntary partners. Up to 1,800 community groups are expected to benefit from the partnership.
Team Growth & Initiatives
2023 was an eventful year for the team at Heneghan. Emma Flannery was elected to the board of directors, Holly Geoghegan was promoted to Operations Manager and Michael Hall was promoted to Account Manager. Rory Sweeney joined the team as Senior Account Manager and we look forward to welcoming a further two new joiners in early 2024.
We launched our successful Summer Seminars, a series of expert presentations and skill-building workshops, with topics including AI/ChatGPT (with thanks to Damien Mulley) and Podcasting (with thanks to Conall O'Morain) with further plans to expand on this program in 2024. We were honoured to be shortlisted for PRCA Agency of the Year.
Heneghan continue to support our chosen charities; UNICEF, The Rape Crisis Centre, Dublin Simon Community and World Vision.
Heneghan would like to thank our valued clients for their continued trust, and we look forward to building on our partnerships in 2024. We take this opportunity to wish all our clients, suppliers, colleagues and board members a peaceful Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.